The New BDO in Australia
As a strong challenger brand in the Australian market, BDO has made significant progress over the last 10 years as a brand that has charted its own course, rather than following established paths. We are now embarking on what is an exciting new phase in the brand’s journey in Australia.
As evidence of this, on 6 June 2012 BDO and PKF East Coast Practice (PKF ECP) confirmed the completion of integration negotiations. This process will not only deliver valuable new ideas and fresh approaches for our clients and staff, it will take us to a new level and provide us with a strong position for future growth.
The integration will combine the BDO and PKF offices in Brisbane, and also see PKF’s Melbourne and New South Wales offices adopting the BDO brand.
Both BDO and PKF ECP see a lot of potential in bringing together two like-minded firms with very similar cultures and values for the benefit of all stakeholders. Individually we strive for the same thing - demonstrating value to our clients and staff – but together we will be able to do achieve this to an even high lever, helping provide stability and success for our clients, as well as our people and the firm generally.
While this integration will see us expand our capacity to about 160 partners, more than 1,315 staff, and an estimated turnover of about $240 million, at BDO we believe big just means big. What matters to us is the culture of our firm and the value we deliver to all of our stakeholders. This integration is just another way we are delivering on this.
Our relationship driven culture means we truly understand what our clients and people value most, and it is this approach that will allow us to successfully take advantage of the natural synergies between PKF ECP’s and BDO’s service lines and industry specialisations for the benefit of both our client groups.
Importantly, this process will also re-establish BDO’s presence in Sydney and Melbourne following BDO International’s revocation of its licensing arrangements with its former practices in these markets.
If you have any questions about this integration or how it might affect you, please contact your BDO or PKF ECP partner.
Media enquiries can be directed to Janet Glasper (email@example.com; +61 (07) 3237 5901).
The new look BDO
- Expertise of more than 160 partners, supported by over 1,315 staff
- Combined annual turnover of $240 million
- Offices in Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Darwin, Hobart, Melbourne, Perth and New South Wales
- Even stronger presence in core service lines – Audit, Tax, Advisory – with added capability across key industry sectors
- A leading BDO network firm in the Asia-Pacific region, drawing on the support and intelligence of the world’s fifth largest full-service audit, tax and advisory firm – BDO Global - with more than 48,700 people across 1,118 offices in over 135 countries.