At BDO, we understand that internal audit needs to add value to the organisation.
BDO provides advice to Boards, Management and Committees and works closely with these groups to deliver quality advice and outcomes.
Key business issues
- Are you fulfilling the objectives set forth in your internal audit charter?
- Is co-sourcing/outsourcing a viable option for your organisation?
- Is your internal audit function adding value to your organisation?
How can we help you?
Our Internal Audit team has extensive commercial experience and will deliver an independent assessment of the key controls across your business with practical recommendations for improvement.
The BDO Internal Audit methodology is robust, but flexible and is based upon international internal audit standards that provides:
- Establishment of an internal audit function
- Co-source and outsource solutions
- Methodology, training and software advice
- Quality assessment reviews
- Strategic support to Heads of Audit
- Probity audits.
At BDO, we integrate specialists knowledge (eg Performance Improvement, Fraud, IT, Data Analytics) into our audit teams to ensure that all categories of risk exposure and controls are reviewed and assessed by people with the requisite skills and experience.
We seek to help our clients manage their risks and seek improvements. We try to ensure that a broader range of risks can be addressed by the internal audit team, as opposed to predominantly focussing on financial risks. To achieve this, we provide:
- Quality assurance reviews
- Risk assessments
- Controls optimisation
- Internal audit transformation
- Strategic partnering and staffing
- Vendor, royalty and construction audits
- Establishment of internal audit function
- Information technology audit.