Learn how to use financial information to make better business decisions.
When business owners understand their financial information, they make informed strategic decisions that result in business growth and financial stability. There is a direct link between financial literacy and business success.
In this one-day workshop, our Financial Educator Andrew MacDonell will teach you how to read a profit and loss statement, the relationship between profit and cashflow, and why your balance sheet is the most important financial report of all.
You will also learn how to calculate if your current pricing strategy is structured to cover all the Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) associated with delivering your product or service.
Workshop key takeaways
In this hands-on workshop you will:
- Build a glossary of key financial and accounting terminology
- Understand the relationship between three financial statements
- Learn why a Balance Sheet is your most important financial report
- Learn how to read your Profit and Loss statement (P&L)
- Learn the difference between profit and Cash Flow
- Why you need three versions of a P&L to run your business
- Review difference between cash and accrual accounting
- Reclassify expenses as cost of goods sold (COGS)
- Calculate if your current pricing strategy delivers a profit
- Become confident with your financial information
- Know how to analyse financial data to make better business decisions.
This workshop is ideal for:
- Business owners or leaders from startups to established businesses
- Retailers (online as well as bricks and mortar stores) selling products
- Owners of service-based businesses selling time
- Startups wanting to raise investment or validate pricing strategy
- General Managers, Operation Managers or key business decision-makers
- Managers responsible for financial budgets.
Want to know more about this workshop? Please contact Andrew MacDonell.
Thursday 30 April 2020, 9:00am – 4:30pm
Level 10, 12 Creek Street,
Brisbane, Queensland, 4000
This workshop is a catered event: morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea will be served.
Flexibility underpins the delivery of our financial education programs. That’s why we are transitioning online, providing all current face-to-face workshops via virtual sessions. If you’re currently registered for one of our face-to-face workshops, our team will be in touch to discuss your delivery options.