Reboot your Business Masterclass
This two-hour virtual masterclass is for startups who want to keep their options open and explore staying in business, pausing their business or potentially exiting their business. Delivered by our Financial Educators, this masterclass will give you the information you need to successfully pivot, pause or exit your company in the next six to 12 months. Your privacy is paramount, so you have the option to join the masterclass anonymously.
Who should attend?
- Founders who are looking to make a significant pivot within their company
- Founders who are considering pausing their company and play the long game to improve your company’s short term viability,
- Founders who are considering exiting their company via closure or sale, and want to understand their options and obligations.
Register for an upcoming masterclass
There are no upcoming masterclasses.
Please contact [email protected] for more information
What you will learn in the masterclass
If you’re a founder or an early stage, high growth company looking to looking to pivot, pause or plan an exit in the next six to 12 months, then we’ve created a masterclass to arm you with the skills and knowledge to achieve the best outcome for you.
Topics we will cover:
- Pivot options
- Company stocktake — what assets do you have?
- What is business ‘hibernation’?
- Trading vs. hibernation vs. administration
- What is ESCROW and how it can be used
- Exit options — planning for the future
- Voluntary vs. forced administration
- Directors duties — what is expected of you?
- Protecting yourself— make sure you are okay too
- Planning to restart
- Who can help you
What you will receive:
- Two hour masterclass with BDO’s Financial Educators
- Opportunity to table questions specific to your business
- Additional resources pack
- A link to the masterclass recording.
Meet your Program Facilitators
BDO’s Financial Educators are committed to helping early-stage, high growth companies become scalable, investable and saleable. Tanya and Marc have over 20 years of experience working with startup and scaleup founders from across the globe.
National Lead, Financial Education
Tanya has a unique skill set being a startup founder, startup investor, accountant, mentor, and financial educator. With this combination, she has a great depth of knowledge in relation to startups and excels at explaining complex financial concepts in language you understand.
As the founder of BDO’s Financial education programs, her purpose is to improve the financial literacy of early-stage, high growth startups, globally, so they can achieve their dreams. Tanya is widely recognised for her innovation initiatives and heads up BDO’s Strategic Innovation program.
Tanya has been delivering financial education programs to startup and scaleup businesses for over five years. She is excited about bringing this education program to regional Queensland thanks to support from Advance Queensland.
Director of Startups
Marc is the Director of Startups at BDO and the founder of the BDO for Startups program. Prior to this, he was the Brisbane City Manager of Fishburners, an award-winning co-working space for early-stage tech startups.
Marc has also previously started, scaled and sold his own financial planning firm, which he grew from $0 to $30 million of funds under management in less than three years.
Marc has extensive experience in early stage, high growth company advisory, capital raising and board management and is well connected in the Australian startup ecosystem.
His goal is to help passionate founders grow world-class companies, and to empower Queensland’s startup ecosystem to become a mecca for the world's best scaling companies.