Global Risk Landscape 2018
22 May 2018
The Global Risk Landscape 2018 report has gathered insights from more than 500 business executives across 55 countries and a range of sectors, on their perceptions of risk in 2018 and beyond.
The report reveals that business leaders across the Asia Pacific and globally are feeling the effects of a riskier world, in particular, with regulation producing the most powerful blindside risk. But those who are more agile and harness innovation are typically those who are also more successful.
Key findings include:
- As the corporate landscape transforms, agility and innovation have become crucial business attributes
- 85% of companies who are 'low-performers' are failing to innovate to meet customer needs
- 100% of respondents have a greater appetite for agility (of high performing companies)
- The number one benefit of agility is customer satisfaction and retention (of high performing companies)
- The top three risks identified for the Asia Pacific companies are macroeconomic developments (80%), computer crime/cyber hacks (70%) and regulatory risks (70%).
Global Risk Landscape 2018 report
Asia Pacific Whitepaper
The survey results highlight that businesses cannot simply rely on business as usual to fuel growth and that business leaders cannot afford to ignore the multiple risks on the horizon, or the opportunities for business model innovation.
Global Risk Landscape 2018 - panel discussion
We discussed this years global risk research findings in more detail with our BDO experts as well as guest speakers Chris Haley from Nesta and John Henderson from Inition. Our speakers discussed the key risk trends, top emerging risks business leaders need to be aware of and prepared for, and how to steer through the hazardous new risk environment