Accounting News, April 2012
21 April 2012
In this month’s newsletter, we continue our ‘Blind Freddy’ series looking at common things accountants get wrong when applying AASB 3 Business Combinations. We also look at an update on financial reporting obligations for charities, some recent updates to Accounting Standards, some proposed changes to accounting for biological assets and also accounting issues that have arisen out of the fixed carbon price mechanism.
In this issue
- Ten ways to materially misstate your financial statements…The ‘Blind Freddy’ proposition continued - Part 6 – Business combinations
- Charities update
- IASB releases amendments to IFRS 1
- RDR update
- Proposed changes to accounting for biological assets
- Financial reporting implications of the fixed price carbon price mechanism
- Comments sought on exposure drafts.