Accounting News, August 2014
20 August 2014
In this edition, we introduce our new ASX Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations series, looking at the practical challenges directors face in order to comply with the new requirements. We also look at the new impairment requirements for financial assets introduced by IFRS 9 Financial Instruments (2014) and practical issues in determining the correct level in the fair value hierarchy for land and buildings. For those in the exploration sector, there is a reminder of the new requirements to report details of your resources and reserves in 30 June 2014 annual reports, and we also consider some practical questions on whether exploration and evaluation expenditure should be capitalised.
In this issue
- Attention directors - ASX Corporate Governance changes – are you ready?
- Industry impacts of new revenue standard
- At last, the final version of IFRS 9 Financial Instruments – Part 1
- Land and buildings – Which level in the fair value hierarchy?
- Why capitalise E&E?
- Mining companies to report their reserves in the annual report for 30 June 2014
- New BDO publications
- Comments sought on exposure drafts