BDO Key Partner Hire – Mark Griffiths
13 January 2019
BDO has announced a key Partner hire – Mark Griffiths – who has joined the Risk Advisory Services (RAS) team in Sydney.
Grant Saxon, BDO’s Sydney Managing Partner said the appointment was part of the firm’s 2019 commitment to growing its advisory practice.
“We’ve seen strong demand for risk based consulting services in the Sydney market,” Grant said.
“Mark is well known as a leading risk management practitioner and by joining the existing BDO Risk Advisory team, we will further cement our strong position as a leading provider of risk services for businesses and government bodies.”
“Our key clients are spread across the private and public sector and are looking to us for advise around:
- Internal audit – risk-based audit planning, financial and compliance audits, operational and performance audits, investigations
- Risk assurance and advisory – including risk management and crisis management
- Cyber security – building cyber resilience across the organisation
- Technology and project assurance – assessing project and information technology governance, controls and implementation to ensure successful outcomes
- Contract and third party assurance – auditing and managing contract performance and risk.
“With over 22 years’ experience in Internal Audit, Risk Management and other Audit and Advisory Services in both Australia and the UK, Mark’s appointment will complement the current team and help provide the critical mass to go to market across a broader industry profile, enabling BDO to achieve our strategic objectives as the leading firm in the mid-market.”
Mark was previously National Head of Business Risk at Grant Thornton.