BDO Strengthens Sydney Team with Three New Hires
27 March 2017
An increase in client demand has seen three new hires for BDO in Sydney.
- Gillian Shea will commence in April as a new Audit Partner.
- Jenine Waters joins as Principal, Human Capital and HR services.
- Adam Simms joins as Principal, Forensic Services.
Grant Saxon, Managing Partner, BDO Sydney, said the trio were important appointments given the strategic growth of the firm.
“These new hires address our objective of creating additional capacity to meet the audit, tax and advisory needs of our clients,” Mr Saxon said.
“They complement existing national services and fulfil our local client needs more effectively.”
“We are excited to welcome each of them to the BDO team.”
Background on new hires:
- Gillian Shea has over 20 years’ experience gained at Ernst & Young and KPMG, and was most recently a Director in Assurance at Ernst and Young. She has worked across a range of industries including media and technology, health and aged care, and the government and not-for-profit sectors."
- Jenine Waters worked for Johnson & Johnson and most recently ran her own consultancy. She will be providing services on career and personal development, leadership coaching, change management and organisation design.
- Adam Simms is a solicitor in the Supreme Court of NSW and has been a forensic practitioner in various companies over the past 8 years, most recently at PwC. Prior to this Adam was a police detective working within specialist roles with the Queensland Police, Australian Federal Police and Scotland Yard in the UK. He will cover the full spectrum of forensic and legal services including: investigation services, fraud risk services; anti-bribery and corruption; anti-money laundering; counter terrorism financing and crisis management.
National Media Adviser