BDO WA boosts Corporate Finance M&A Capability through Acquisition
17 January 2018
BDO WA is pleased to announce the merger of Tomkins Turner Corporate Advisory into the BDO WA Corporate Finance service line. The merger results in a six partner strong Corporate Finance team led by the Chairman of BDO in WA, Sherif Andrawes: “Our corporate finance team is number one in Perth for valuations, independent expert reports and investigating accountant’s reports. We had identified that the M&A area was where our growth needed to come from.”
“As the leading mid-market M&A firm in Perth, Tomkins Turner was a natural fit for us. The strength of Tomkins Turner in M&A as well as their ability to work in the due diligence and strategy areas, means that our enlarged corporate finance team will be one of the largest in Perth and certainly the leading Corporate Finance team in the mid-market by quite some distance” Mr Andrawes said.
The three new partners Todd, Justin and Emma, brings the number of Partners in the WA office to 25:
- Todd Grover – specialising in Mergers & Acquisitions, Todd has extensive experience in negotiating and structuring complex corporate transactions across many sectors of industry. At Tomkins Turner, Todd was responsible for sourcing and securing transaction mandates, facilitating transaction negotiation, stakeholder management on both the buy and sell sides and maximising the likelihood of a transaction reaching completion.
Over the last decade, Todd has successfully represented Western Australian businesses on transactions with counterparties from Europe, the US and Asia as well as Australian listed buyers and Private Equity investors.
- Justin Boyce Cam – a globally experienced M&A Advisor and Management Consultant specialises in sourcing and managing M&A transactions from concept to completion and advising businesses on their strategy.
In the M&A arena, on the sell side, Justin’s business strategy skills and expertise are invaluable in preparing businesses for sale to maximise transaction value. On the buy side, Justin’s deep understanding of strategy, strategy implementation and negotiation skills, help clients select and maximise the value of an acquisition.
With experience in Australia, Asia, Europe and South America, Justin has a proven track-record of increasing the performance of leading businesses.
- Emma Wright – a corporate finance specialist with nearly two decades of cross-border transaction experience in Australia and the UK. Emma was a member of the Deals Team of a global accounting firm in London, and ran the in-house Corporate Finance team at Travelex in London.
Emma has had successful transaction experience with brands such as ENI, Fremantle Media, Programmed, Reuters, Unilever and Travelex. She has a proven and enviable track record in the M&A space, spanning both buy and sell-side transactions, post transaction integration programmes and various IPOs. In addition, she has considerable experience in strategic and financial planning, forecasting, modelling, and business process improvement.
The team at Tomkins Turner have closed some notable transactions in the WA market over the last few years (exclusive of those transactions that remain subject to confidentiality) including:
- Downer buying into gas utility maintenance provider UrbanGrid Australia
- Viburnum and Jolimont Global’s investment into high tech mining and civil technology firm Minnovare
- Multi-Color Corporation’s acquisition of Supa Stik Labels
- PwC’s acquisition of leading management consultancy Appian Group
- Scope System’s acquisition of a division out of NEC
- Swedish Steel (SSAB) acquisition of G&G Mining Fabrication
Perth Managing Partner Peter Toll said “We are excited to welcome the Tomkins Turner team to the firm, this addition aligns to the overall strategic growth plan for BDO Perth”
“Given the positive signs in the West Australian economy of late and the outlook for M&A activity globally, this acquisition has come at just the right time for us. From a broader WA firm perspective, growing our leadership base allows us to service our clients more effectively, whilst providing us room for further expansion.”