Adam has more than 20 years of investigation experience over a number of jurisdictions and industries, including working within law enforcement as a criminal and ethical standards Detective, public sector agencies (health and social services), private consulting and financial institutions.
Adam’s substantial experience in fraud control, operational risk, compliance, criminal and corruption investigations has allowed him to provide solutions of varying complexity to both private and public sector clients.
As an Associate Director of Forensic Services at BDO, Adam assists clients by providing investigation, risk management and advisory services.
He has an open, collaborative style and communicates clearly with any audience regardless of the complexity of the issues.
- Major Crime Investigations – Fraud/Corruption/Bribery
- Critical Incident investigations
- Workplace Serious Misconduct investigations
- HR, Code of conduct, compliance & safety investigations
- Investigations relating to vulnerable persons
- Fraud prevention governance and awareness training
- Financial services
- Food & agribusiness
- Government & public sector
- Natural resources
- Real estate & construction
- Technology, media & entertainment and telecommunications
- Major serious criminal investigations including Fraud/Corruption/Bribery within jurisdictions of Local, State, Federal and Supreme Court
- Major investigations on behalf of the Government; including Official Corruption, Serious Misconduct, Critical Incidents, HR, Workplace Health and Safety and WorkCover related matters
- Investigation of crimes committed against vulnerable persons including; children, elderly, disability and mental health
- Compliance and code of conduct reviews and implementation for government and commercial enterprises
- Whistleblowing Manager for Qld State Government Departments
- Risk management assessments
- Preparation of complex reports and prosecutions briefs of evidence for criminal proceedings in local Magistrate District and Supreme Courts. Plus, civil proceedings within QCAT, QIC through to the Supreme Court.
- Bachelor of Social Science (Ethics & Sociology), University of Newcastle
- Advanced Diploma of Public Safety (Investigations), Charles Sturt University
- Detective Training – qualified Qld Police
- Post Graduate Management Development Program – Law & Management, Charles Sturt University
- Certificate IV in Government Investigations (Regulatory Compliance)
- Diploma of Government Investigations
- Diploma of Fraud Control
- Ethics & Misconduct Investigation Training, Qld Police
- Joint Emergency Services Training, Qld State Government
- Presenter at National Public Sector Anti-Corruption Conferences.