Alex is a Risk Advisory Partner with BDO in Melbourne focused on helping organisations successfully achieve digital transformation with cyber-secure, efficient and highly performing technology operations.
Specifically, Alex helps his clients rapidly assess their cyber threats, exposures and existing controls. He designs and deploys architectures, strategies and capabilities to eliminate material cyber risks and maximise the business value delivered through investments in technology.
Alex joined BDO in 2018 as Partner. He has 18 years’ experience delivering cyber risk services in diverse private sector industries and government. Since 2007 Alex has had successive roles leading cyber risk and resilience consulting services at IBM GTS A/NZ; and other global accounting firms.
Prior to this he led various resilience functions at Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ).
- Cyber risk assessment & remediation
- Cyber security framework design & deployment
- IT strategy development
- IT service management
- IT project management, review & governance
- Cyber security incident response planning (CSIRP)
- Cyber risk awareness, exercises and training
- Post-Incident Review (PIR)
- Organisational resilience
- Government & public sector
- Financial services
- Media & entertainment
- Professional services
- Mining & resources
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Graduate Diploma of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
- Member of the Business Continuity Institute (MBCI)
- Business Continuity Institute (BCI)
- Australian Information Security Association (AISA)
- Monash MBA Alumni Ambassador