Since joining BDO in 2006, Judith and has been dealing with IFRS accounting issues on a national and international basis. She is part of the BDO International Financial Reporting (IFR) Advisory group.
Judith has spent over 2 years working in London at the International Accounting Standard Board (IASB) as an IASB staff member working on the IFRS 9 Financial Instruments project (hedge accounting and impairment) and has also worked in a global accounting firm providing IFRS support to internal and external clients.
Judith is fluent in Chinese Cantonese and Mandarin.
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs)
- Financial instruments accounting
- Authoring various BDO international IFRS publications （in particular financial instruments）
- Presenting IFRS training workshops
- Providing financial accounting advice on IFRS related matters to clients and member firms within the BDO international network
- Reviewing financial statements of listed companies of various jurisdictions for compliance with IFRSs
- Research and prepare training materials and accounting advice on complex or new IFRS topics (in particular financial instruments) for clients and staff
- Participate in various external and internal IFRS discussion groups (internationally as well as within the Asia Pacific region)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Liberal Studies) (Honours)
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Member of the Finance and Treasury Association in Australia