Peter is a Debt Advisory Partner with BDO in Brisbane.
He has spent more than 30 years in banking roles with Westpac, Commonwealth Bank and St George, culminating in 12 years as State Manager Queensland for Bankwest.
Following his time in banking Peter was the founding director of a debt advisory business, Allegiant Financial Services. Acting as an intermediary, Allegiant was at the forefront of a different approach in handling banker / client relationships. Peter specialised in providing independent insight to assist clients in all financial dealings with their banks and also facilitated formal and informal mediation.
Peter’s extensive financial experience and proven capacity to provide insightful advice to business clients on all banking and financial matters has delivered solutions to both banks and clients across a broad range of industries. These have included mining services, hardware, agriculture, information technology, property development and investment and aged care, with deals ranging in size from $200,000 to $75 million.
Peter joined BDO as Partner in 2016 to work closely with our banker and lawyer colleagues and their clients. Backed by BDO’s complete service offering and industry knowledge, Peter’s extensive banking experience uniquely positions him to deliver a full range of financial solutions. Importantly, he has a proven ability to bridge the communication gap that often emerges between clients and their bankers.
- Private clients of the firm
- Large privates and small caps
- Businesses with borrowings $1m to $50m
- Businesses with turnover of $5m to $100m
- All participants in the Senior Living industry
- Selected property developer and investors
- Senior Living
- Food & Agribusiness
- Real Estate & Construction
- B Econ (UQ) - 1978
- MBA (UQ) - 1997
- F Fin - 2005
- Cert IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking – 2015
- Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD)
- Federal Ombudsman Service
- Turnaround Management Association of Australia (TMA)
- Bretts Hardware Pty Ltd – Non-Executive Director
- Advisory board member of a large aged care operator