Sharon is a Director in BDO's Healthcare team in Brisbane looking after large medical groups, hospitals, doctors and allied health professionals. Whilst working in an accounting and taxation environment, Sharon’s advisory skills extend to management accounting and consulting, business structuring, personal wealth creation, self-managed superannuation, business succession planning, family business and indirect taxation.
BDO's Healthcare team is committed to providing financial, consulting and technology solutions to the health and aged care industry in Qld and throughout our global network. We are particularly interested in how the government's health agenda, and the medical industry more widely, is adapting to the rapid change being brought about by new technology in a highly regulated environment.
- Taxation planning and advice, and business structuring
- Strategic planning and succession planning
- Family Businesses
- Small Business Capital Gains Tax Concessions
- Superannuation administration and compliance
- Self-managed Superannuation Funds
- Superannuation splitting in matrimonial matters
- Estate Matters.
- Corporate Secretary for the Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust
- Corporate Secretary for Diamond Jubilee Partnerships Ltd
- Current Board Member - Alma Properties Pty Ltd
- Team Leader - Hunt 4 Homeless
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Queensland 1984-1986
- Registered Tax Agent
- BDO Accredited Family Business Adviser
- Post graduate training through Tribecca and ASFA in subjects including Investment Planning, Retirement Planning & Risk Management
- Fellow, Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
- Adviser Member of FBA, Family Business Australia
- Qld Regional Councillor, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (2003 to 2007)
- Specialist Member, SPAA Self Managed Superannuation Professionals Association of Australia.