Shayne is a Tax Partner with BDO in Sydney. Shayne specialises in the taxation of publically offered superannuation arrangements, income streams, termination payments and life insurance products. Shayne has considerable experience, having been in the profession for over 30 years including 20 years as a Director of Greenwoods and Freehills Pty Ltd.
He has lectured extensively and delivered many papers over the course of his career. For the past four years, Shayne was Adjunct Lecturer on Superannuation at the University of Sydney.
Shayne brings considerable knowledge (not just of tax but of the broader superannuation legislative environment) and technical expertise in his solution focussed advice. He is a leading tax adviser in this space, passionate about his craft, and dedicated to his clients.
- Implementation of 2016 budget measures; Total Super Balance / Transition to Retirement Income Streams
- Taxation aspects of defined benefit arrangements
- Successor fund transfers
- Taxation and design income of stream products
- Life insurance products; Salary continuance / Death Cover / Total and Permanent Disability/ 26AH Bonds
- Financial sector client remediation
- Superannuation guarantee obligations
- Rationalization of legacy products
- Termination payments
- Bachelor of Economics
- Chartered Tax Advisor
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Associate - Institute of Company Directors
- Lecturer on Superannuation at the University of Sydney