Vruti is an Associate Director with over 15 years’ experience in accounting, and over a decade practicing as a public accountant.
Vruti serves on a variety of national and international public and private companies in manufacturing, distribution, consumer products, technology, life science and service industries.
Currently on secondment from BDO USA LLP in BDO’s Sydney office, Vruti is recognised for her motivation to work on competing projects with a high-degree of expertise, which is founded by her meticulous research.
Beginning her career at BDO as a new grad, Vruti now enjoys giving back to the firm. Vruti acts as a local office champion providing training opportunities for staff, as well as continuously developing audit staff in technical and professional areas as a mentor and career adviser.
- Audit/Tax Coordination/Compliance
- Adoption of Accounting Standards
- Business Combinations
- Equity/Debt Agreements
- Accounting for Stock Options
- Internal Controls
- Manufacturing, distribution, consumer products, technology
- Life science
- Service industries
- Assurance Director on currently two publicly traded companies. Identified and researched the accounting for technical areas including debt modification and extinguishment transactions, adoption of ASC 842, Leases and ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers, stock option accounting including performance and market-based awards.
- Managed and completed Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 audit of internal controls involving coordination with offices in the Netherlands, Mexico, Costa Rica and Hong Kong. Worked closely with each BDO International office in scoping, testing and evaluating the controls.
- Managed a private company audit under IFRS. Identified and researched adoption of IFRS 15 and IFRS 9, managed and coordinated resolution to tax and transfer pricing matters with tax specialists. Researched and concluded the accounting for goodwill impairment assessment with clear identification of cash generating units.
- Managed a private company audit that grew from $100 million to $800 million in revenues in the span of three years via multiple acquisitions. Audited the purchase price allocation for each acquisition which included fair market value considerations for trademarks, customer lists, contingent consideration and goodwill.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant, State of California
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountant