Advocacy is the act of building deep and long lasting impact on local, state and federal policies. It’s the holy grail of most not-for-profits and understanding how to achieve this impact is key.
The ability to influence policy makers and advocate for change is almost directly proportional to not-for-profits’ capacity in a number of areas. These include motivation, knowledge and skills, infrastructure and resources.
At BDO, we can help you make sense of the ever-changing landscape and what you can do to address these issues. We can help ensure your organisation remains relevant and heard by all of your stakeholders by working with you to:
- Audit, review and develop internal processes to influence public policy
- Review existing public policy goals and strategies
- Review and develop government engagement processes
- Maintain ongoing policy review and advocacy
- Develop issue specific public policy campaigns
- Mentor senior executive and board members.
BDO has developed a diagnostic tool to help organisations pinpoint weaknesses in their advocacy efforts, ultimately allowing you to focus your resources on improving your programs and developing strong arguments for policy reform.
Find out more about the Advocacy Diagnostic by clicking on the link below: