ESG and the business case for dealing with climate change
The need for companies to deal with the effects of climate change is growing and has been attracting significant attention from investors who increasingly want to know which companies are well prepared and have sustainable business models in the short, medium and long term, and those which do not.
BDO’s latest Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) publication, ESG and the business case for dealing with climate change explains the business imperative for effective climate reporting by companies and summarises the recommendations of the Taskforce for Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD).
The publication covers:
- Chapter 1 – Climate change and its fundamental link to current and future business strategy
- Chapter 2 – TCFD recommendations for all companies
- Chapter 3 – TCFD recommendations – supplemental guidance for financial sector industries (e.g. banks, insurance companies, asset owners and asset managers)
- Chapter 4 – TCFD recommendations for non-financial groups and associated industries (e.g. energy, transportation, materials and buildings, and agricultural, food and forest products)
- Appendix 1 – Examples of climate-related risks and potential financial impacts.
Please contact Aletta Boshoff if you require assistance with ESG or sustainability reporting.