Labor leader Anthony Albanese delivered the traditional budget-in-reply speech on Thursday, 31 March 2022. Positioned prior to the Federal election, this was an election policy manifesto, rather than a reply to the government.
The ’five pillars’ outlined in his policy speech were:
- Powering Australia with more renewable energy, in order to reduce power bills
- Bringing manufacturing on-shore through a National Reconstruction Fund
- Funding infrastructure through a re-invigorated Infrastructure Australia
- Increasing university and TAFE training places
- Childcare, aged care and Medicare.
Keep up to date on the October 2022 Federal Budget announcements
Treasurer Jim Chalmers confirmed a Federal Budget for the Albanese Government will be held "on or about" Tuesday 25 October, 2022. BDO will keep you updated on announcements from the Federal Government in the lead-up to the October 2022 Labor Federal Budget.