Everything you need to consider before seeking out potential investors
If you run a successful agribusiness, at some point there is a chance you may want to expand by attracting equity capital (for example, through Super Fund Investment) rather than bank debt. Given the importance of the agriculture sector within the Australian economy, this is a strategy many business owners are working toward.
An integral part of driving such investment within the agricultural sector is ensuring that you identify suitable projects and making sure these projects are investment ready. If you’re seeking investors for your project – or alternatively if you are an investor considering investing in Australian Agribusiness - BDO can help:
- Identify suitable food and agribusiness targets and/or investees
- Develop business plans, cash flow modelling and information memorandums
- Manage business negotiations, pricing structures and funding arrangements
- Carry out financial and operational due diligence, business valuations
- Provide introductions to other service providers including legal, real estate, farming experts and banking institutions
- Prepare submissions to the Foreign Investment Review Board
- Manage incorporation of your company and all necessary tax registrations
- Set up appropriate tax planning in relation to funding of the Australian entity
- Manage repatriation of profits
- Establish systems for employing new people and importing equipment
- Manage ongoing compliance support (tax, audit and accounting services).