Alastair is an Associate Director in the Business Restructuring team at BDO in Brisbane. He works closely with clients across a number of sectors to understand what drives their business, and adds value through the provision of insightful reporting and feedback.
Alastair uses his analytical strength to assess engagements and consider the best options for his clients, from small family business to Government departments. Alastair uses his insight into clients to build models for reporting and forecasting that highlight the key drivers for each business.
Alastair has undertaken key investigative accounting roles, driving turnaround and restructuring projects, and his relationships with stakeholders has been critical in securing best practice. His background in business restructuring makes Alastair aware of critical financial and non-financial drivers for business and enables him to advise on restructuring options available to clients.
- Critical assessment of businesses, reporting and options
- Three-way forecasting
- Business turnaround and reconstruction advice
- Data analysis
- Aged Care – development and maintenance of management reporting and forecasting based on financial and non-financial drivers
- Labour Hire – assessment of expenses, cash flow, contract terms and profitability
- Financial viability assessment of 400 service providers for Queensland Government
- Investigation and monitoring of financial performance and key outputs of large multinational company
- Financial modelling and ongoing reporting to funder of mining services group to support additional finance
- Bachelor of Commerce (Banking and Finance, Accounting),
- Bachelor of Business Management (Information Systems)
- Graduate Diploma of Chartered Practicing Accountants Australia (CPA)
- Graduate Certificate from Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association
- Member, CPA