Jane leads the National Audit Quality team at BDO in Australia which includes responsibility for supporting the audit service line in all activities that impact on audit quality. Key activities include:
- Overseeing the audit transformation projects which focus on innovating how we audit to drive audit quality
- Providing advice on audit technical matters supporting a culture of consultation
- Managing interactions with local and foreign regulators
- Representing the firm on various regulatory groups in the profession, including engaging with policymakers on the latest audit technical developments
- Contributing and influencing BDO Global audit initiatives.
In addition, Jane conducts quality assurance reviews in the Asia Pacific region and is BDO Australia’s representative on the Global Audit Steering Committee which drives the direction of the audit methodology globally.
Jane has over 20 years of experience in the auditing profession, with both practical experience on a wide range of clients and in the technical field across both the UK and Australia.
- All audit and assurance matters in accordance with Australian Auditing Standards (ASAs) and International Standards on Auditing (ISAs)
- Keynote presenter at local and international conferences
- Fellow Chartered Accountant (FCA), Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- BDO representative on the Australian Audit and Accounting Public Policy Committee
- BDO Australia representative on the BDO Global Audit Steering Committee.