Jane is an Associate Director with BDO Perth’s Corporate Finance and Advisory Services teams and has over 25 years of experience in corporate governance and regulation through her roles with Australia’s corporate regulator the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC; 20 years), and the Stock Exchanges in Australia and London (7 years).
She has extensive experience in the government and the private sector. In her previous government roles, she was responsible for corporate compliance, risk, and investigation. This has built her insightful knowledge and understanding of risk structures, corporate cultures, and process frameworks that promote conformance or allow for non-conformance. In her executive roles, she has also been responsible for corporate investigations to identify corporate and gatekeeper misconduct. She has continued to apply this expertise to assist the client’s of BDO in developing robust governance and risk frameworks.
Furthermore, through her most recent roles with ASIC as Regional Commissioner WA, and Senior Executive, she was responsible for fundraising, disclosure, M&A and corporate conduct, particularly in the emerging (start-up), and mining and resources industries. Her experience helps bridge the gap between the regulator and the corporate market, helping clients achieve their commercial goals within regulatory expectations.
Jane’s well-rounded skill set not only helps clients navigate the regulatory requirements and setbacks but also provides them with a better understanding and stronger governance within their organisations.
- Pre-IPO planning
- Fundraising disclosure
- Business transformation and change management
- Business process improvement
- Regulatory and compliance processes and understanding
- Governance and conduct risk
- Governance, risk and accountability frameworks
- Board performance
- Corporate and AFSL compliance
- Listed based corporate investigations
- Stakeholder engagement
- Natural Resources
- Federal, State and Local Government
- Corporate and Financial Services
- Structuring for governance, compliance and conduct risk frameworks for clients in the listed market, private and public sectors.
- AFSL applications and variations.
- Review of internal audit, risk management, and evidence management processes of a large government organisation.
- Functional review and recommendations following Machinery of Government changes to a large state government department.
- Governance and Board performance review and recommendations for an APRA regulated entity.
- Development of governance, and risk management framework for a financial services entity.
- Presenting through professional bodies and BDO on governance, compliance, and conduct risk in relation to corporate entities, AFSL holders and public authorities.
- Company Directors Course, Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD)
- Diploma of Financial Services, Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA)
- Graduate Diploma (Applied Corporate Governance), Governance Institute of Australia (GIA)
- Change management accreditation (PROSCI))
- Bachelor’s Degree (Psychology and Mass Communications)
- Fellow, Governance Institute of Australia (GIA)
- Graduate Member of Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD)
- Graduate Member of Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA)