Jane is an Associate Director with BDO Perth’s Corporate Finance and Advisory Services teams and has over 25 years of experience in corporate governance and regulation through her roles with Australia’s corporate regulator the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC; 20 years), and the Stock Exchanges in Australia and London (7 years).
She has extensive experience in the government and the private sectors. In her government roles, she was responsible for corporate disclosure, compliance, risk, and investigation. This has built her insightful knowledge and understanding of risk structures, corporate cultures, and process frameworks that promote conformance and good governance foundations. She has continued to apply this expertise to assist the client’s of BDO in developing robust governance and risk frameworks.
As ASIC Regional Commissioner WA, and Senior Executive, she was responsible for disclosure, fundraising, M&A and corporate conduct, particularly in the emerging (start-up), and mining and resources industries. Her experience helps bridge the gap between the regulator and the corporate market, helping clients achieve their commercial goals within regulatory expectations.
Jane’s well-rounded skill set not only helps clients navigate the regulatory requirements and setbacks but also provides them with a better understanding and stronger governance within their organisations.
- Sustainability governance and disclosure
- Business transformation and change management
- Regulatory and compliance processes and understanding
- Governance, risk and accountability frameworks
- Board performance
- Corporate and AFSL compliance
- Stakeholder engagement
- Natural Resources
- Federal, State and Local Government
- Corporate and Financial Services
- Structuring for governance risk frameworks for clients in the listed market, private and public sectors.
- Sustainability governance
- AFSL applications and variations.
- Review of risk management, and evidence management processes of a large government organisation.
- Governance and Board performance review and recommendations for an APRA regulated entity.
- Development of governance, and risk management framework for a financial and professional services entities.
- Presenting through professional bodies and BDO on governance, compliance, and conduct risk in relation to corporate entities, AFSL holders and public authorities.
- Company Directors Course, Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD)
- Diploma of Financial Services, Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA)
- Graduate Diploma (Applied Corporate Governance), Governance Institute of Australia (GIA)
- Change management accreditation (PROSCI))
- Bachelor’s Degree (Psychology and Mass Communications)
- Fellow, Governance Institute of Australia (GIA)
- Graduate Member of Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD)
- Graduate Member of Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA)