Jason has over 14 years of experience in the accounting profession, providing audit and assurance services to a diverse range of industry sectors. During that time Jason has managed audits in both the public and private sectors.
Over the course of his time in the audit and assurance sector, Jason has worked with a number of ASX-listed entities across a variety of industries. The result of this cumulative experience has meant an ability to both adapt to the demands of different industries, and to apply a considered and focused audit approach to each and all of his clients.
Jason’s proficient approach to client service is underpinned by strong, enduring relationships and a drive to exceed client expectations. With a high level of technical expertise, Jason also delivers BDO audit training programs nationally.
- External audit
- Financial accounting and reporting
- Statutory reporting
- Internal audit
- Risk management and governance
- Government and public sector
- Consumer services
- Government and public sector – audit of numerous Local government authorities
- Not-for-profit – a number of not for profit organisations with service offerings
- Resources – audit of a number of large private mining service providers
- Consumer services - audit of a number of large private equipment rental providers
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Chartered Accountant
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Member, Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand
- Member, Institute of Internal Auditors in Australia
- Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Independent audit committee member, Gympie Regional Council