John is a Partner at BDO in Brisbane with a track record of delivering great results on matters of national and commercial priority.
He has a deep understanding of cyber intelligence and security and its national and international impacts for both public and private industry. John specialises in designing solutions that find the right balance between delivering business outcomes, building resilience and security of information and systems.
With a career spanning more than 26 years in Federal and State Government and private enterprise, John has held leadership roles at some of Australia’s largest organisations and Government agencies.
One of John’s key focus areas is in supporting organisations to quickly identify their cyber posture and take swift action to remedy any weaknesses and build their long term robustness to attack.
- Security strategy and architecture
- Security operation
- Incident response
- Advanced security diagnostic
- Awareness training and education
- Government and public sector
- Financial services
- Mining and Utilities
- Conducted a cyber security review of Queensland’s whole health system, comprising the Department of Health and 16 hospital and health services with more than 130,000 personnel working in excess of 880 hospitals and other health service facilities across the state
Designed and implemented an overarching five-year security strategy and roadmap encompassing all facets of security functions and risk reduction
Lead a team of more than 500 staff delivering all types of digital solutions including infrastructure, applications, cloud, digital hospital and cyber security
Prepared key government agencies for the G20 Summit in Brisbane and the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- Associate Diploma in Applied Languages, University of NSW
- SABSA Certified Security Architect
- Prince 2 Project Management Methodology
- Postgraduate certificates for incident investigation, project management, leadership and senior management training in Defence and the Public Service
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment, Australian Qualifications Framework