Phil has nearly 40 year’s experience in advising on all aspects of Indirect taxation. Prior to commencing at BDO, Phil had spent 26 years at a global accounting firm in Perth, the last 17 as a partner.
Phil’s career has involved executive positions, major client interface and senior technical Taxation roles. Phil’s executive responsibilities encompassed leadership of Perth Indirect Tax Group with a principal focus in the areas of GST, and State taxes, including Stamp Duty and Payroll Tax.
- GST, Research and Development, Fuel Tax Credit and Customs advisory
- Extensive merger and acquisition experience including buyer and vendor due diligence
- Extensive experience in Global Tax Risk Supply Chain Management
- Australia-wide Stamp duty planning and compliance
- Tax risk governance advisory
- Bachelor of Business Curtin
- Fellow, CPA Australia
- Certified tax Adviser, Taxation Institute of Australia
- Member, The Institute of Arbitrators & Mediators Australia
- Graduate, Australian Institute of Company Directors