Schalk is a Digital & Technology Advisory specialist with over 25 years’ experience in assisting clients with Technology strategy and transformation, Digital strategy and transformation, Data and Data Governance, Project Advisory as well as Cyber Security solutions. Prior to joining BDO, Schalk was the Technology Advisory Director at a global Internal Audit, Risk and IT Consulting firm and also held senior leadership positions at a niche Strategy Consulting firm and a global Technology Consulting firm.
In particular, Schalk takes great pride in his ability to listen and understand the root causes of his client’s challenges and to work with his clients collaboratively to identify real world solutions to address those challenges. As Technology plays an increasingly important role in supporting and enabling Business to achieve strategic objectives and plans, Schalk works with his clients to identify fit for purpose solutions that meets those strategic objectives and maximises their return on investment.
- Technology strategy and transformation
- Digital Strategy and transformation
- Data and Data Governance
- Project Advisory
- Cyber Security solutions
- Financial Services (including Retail Banking, Superannuation and Insurance)
- Natural Resources
- Public Sector
- B.Comm – Informatics (Honours) (University of Johannesburg)
- B.Comm – Informatics (University of Johannesburg)
- Affiliate of Chartered Accountants, Australia and New Zealand (currently applying)
- Data Management Association (outdated)