Shirley is an Associate Director in the Business Services team at BDO in Brisbane. As a leader in Brisbane’s Outsourced Finance Function team, Shirley specialises in providing CFO services to help small to medium enterprises transform their internal finance and accounting functions. Through outsourcing, she assists with the delivery of management and statutory reporting, cash flow management, budget, process improvement and compliance.
Shirley works closely with her clients to understand their needs, assist with the implementation of strategic plans and the management of day-to-day operations.
Shirley brings over 20 years’ of professional experience. She was most recently the Chief Financial Officer for ASX-listed Brisbane Broncos Limited, a position she held for over nine years. Shirley’s accounting career has included roles with leading retail, healthcare and professional services organisations in Australia.
- Full finance function
- Management accounting
- Statutory reporting
- Tax compliance
- Cash flow management
- Asset management
- Retail POS and back office function
- Project management
- Contract management
- Company secretarial
- Project management of new facility build
- New accounting system implementation
- Bachelor of Business (Accountancy) - Queensland University of Technology
- Chartered Accountant – Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
- Graduate, Company Directors Course – Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Graduate, Australian Institute of Company Directors