Stephen leads the tax team at BDO in South Australia, puts an emphasis on building trusted relationships, and prides himself on delivering tax-effective solutions for clients that are both carefully considered and commercial.
With the increased trend towards data matching and data analytics, along with changes in the way the ATO seeks to engage with taxpayers, Stephen provides a modern perspective as an adviser, while benefiting from over 12 years of learning, development and application in navigating Australia’s complex tax landscape.
Stephen commenced his career as a corporate tax advisor in 2005 with one of the big four firms, where he worked for 12 years before joining BDO as a Director in 2017.
- All fundamental aspects of Australian tax law, including Capital Gains Tax, GST, FBT, employee share scheme structuring, and group consolidation.
- M&A tax, including corporate restructures and due diligence.
- Assistance with overseas expansion (inbound and outbound).
- Salary packaging.
- Research & Development.
- Across the board, ranging from multinationals and listed corporates to family groups and not-for-profits.
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Arts (Journalism/Professional Writing and Communications)
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand