Modern Slavery Statement
Preventing modern slavery practices is a complex issue with a global impact, and eliminating the potential for modern slavery practices in our operations and supply chain is key to our commitment. Our first modern slavery statement reports on the steps BDO has taken in the financial year ending June 2020 to address the risk associated with modern slavery.
At BDO, respecting human rights is inherent in our business operations and is embedded in our values, reflecting and shaping our behaviours and organisational culture. We seek to treat everyone fairly and consistently, creating a workplace and business environment that is safe, ethical, open, transparent and trusted. Aligning with our core values and beliefs, any action taken to date or planned in the future will enhance our ability to address the risk of modern slavery in our operations and supply chain.
BDO is committed to:
- Ensure the risk of modern slavery practices within BDO’s business operations is understood and addressed in accordance with internationally recognised principles and the Modern Slavery Act 2018
- Eliminate the potential for modern slavery practices in our operations and supply chain
- Utilise the due diligence that has been conducted to date, to create an action plan and set out next steps for BDO to achieve its goals to address the risk of modern slavery in our operations and supply chain
- Ensure transparency with our employees, clients, suppliers and stakeholders regarding the progress to date, along with our commitment and intent
- Develop a plan to measure the effectiveness of the approach taken to address the risks associated with modern slavery.
We have commenced our journey with rigour and taken meaningful steps to address modern slavery risk in our first year of reporting. As we progress, we will continue to address next steps and refine and further improve our approach and assessment to identify and respond to the risk of modern slavery practices within our organisation.
BDO’s first Modern Slavery Statement addresses the mandatory criteria outlined in the Modern Slavery Act 2018 (Cth).
Should you require further information outside of what is disclosed in our Modern Slavery Statement feel free to contact the Director of National Risk and Ethics.