At BDO, our values - One, Bold, Human, Strive and Heart – inform more than just our internal culture. They guide how we interact with our local communities across the country. We are strong believers in trust and the role it plays in fostering lasting relationships with our people, our clients, and our suppliers.
The strong relationships we have built equip us with an operational focus that promotes and facilitates workspaces that are ethical in their treatment of all people, and which do not tolerate or endorse direct or indirect modern slavery practices.
BDO is committed to:
- Operating its business in accordance with the Modern Slavery Act 2018 (Cth), including all emerging amendments to this legislation
- Ensuring our people understand modern slavery and the risk it presents to our operations
- Providing our people with appropriate avenues for reporting potential instances of modern slavery within our operations, or the operations of our suppliers and/or clients
- Mitigating modern slavery risk within our operations
- Eliminating potential and/or actual modern slavery practices from our operations and supply chain
- Utilising the due diligence completed to date to facilitate effective action plans and ‘next steps’ in the pursuit of modern slavery risk mitigation and elimination using a proactive approach
- Ensuring appropriate transparency with our people, clients, suppliers and stakeholders regarding the maturity of our modern slavery due diligence process and the findings arising from this
- Enhancing our data insights to better measure the effectiveness of our existing modern slavery risk framework.
The actions taken to further mature our response to modern slavery risk management in the 2022 Modern Slavery Statement include, but are not limited to:
- The implementation of proactive modern slavery related due diligence on all prospective IT suppliers
- Expanded due diligence on all current suppliers regardless of industry where they satisfy a pre-due diligence assessment
- The development of an enhanced national complaints framework which includes policies and a new system.
BDO’s 2022 Modern Slavery Statement addresses the mandatory criteria outlined in the Modern Slavery Act 2018 (Cth).
Should you require further information outside of what is disclosed in our Modern Slavery Statement, please contact the Director of National Risk and Ethics.