Exceptional service requires the highest ethical standards
Exceptional client service requires our unwavering commitment to integrity, responsibility and accountability. BDO Australia is dedicated to upholding the highest standards of ethics through compliance with prevailing laws and regulations including our internal policies. All employees and partners are required to uphold the BDO core values and conduct themselves in accordance with the highest degree of ethical and professional conduct. Our National Risk Management Committee (with representation across the business) promotes and fosters a culture where employees are obligated to consider and assess the risks associated with their daily activities.
BDO Whistleblowing Policy
If you become aware of misconduct or improper behaviour within any BDO Australia member firm and wish to seek further guidance in order to report such behaviour, you can access the BDO Australia Whistleblowing Policy.
Parties eligible for making a disclosure:
This policy is available to all ‘eligible persons’, the following would be considered an eligible person under this policy:
- All staff members (including partners, directors, temporary or full-time employees and BDO Australia Ltd employees) and their dependents and relatives
- Any former staff members and their dependents and relatives
- Contractors, suppliers including former contractors and suppliers and their dependents and relatives.
What can be reported?
- As an eligible person you can report under this policy if you have reasonable grounds to suspect that a BDO staff member, former staff member, contractor, supplier or other person who hasbusiness dealings with BDO has engaged in conduct (‘reportable conduct’) that is:
- Violates the law or any legal code
- Is creating an unsafe environment
- Breaches any of BDO’s policies and procedures
- Harassment and or bullying of any kind
- Any conduct which is detrimental to BDO and could cause financial or non-financial loss.
How do I report?
STOPline, our independent, confidential whistleblower hotline, is available (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) for the reporting of behaviour and conduct that is in violation of legal or professional standards or otherwise in conflict with the BDO Australia policies.
Report the matter to STOPline through any of the following means:
- Website (http://bdo.stoplinereport.com)
- Email (email@example.com)
- Telephone: 1300 30 45 50
- Mail (c/o The Stopline, locked bag 8, Hawthorn, Victoria, Australia, 3122)
The disclosure will be subject to the assessment and investigation process set out in the BDO Whistleblowing Policy. Where disclosures are made in accordance with the policy, confidentiality will be safeguarded (where requested) and the necessary protections set out in the BDO Australia Whistleblowing Policy will apply.