Sale of Appian Group to PwC
IndustryProfessional, Scientific and Technical Services
The BDO M&A team were engaged as the lead sell side M&A advisors for the shareholders of Appian Group. Head officed out of Perth, Appian is a client side infrastructure advisory firm speciailising in very large civil projects. Some of the most prominent projects include Elizabeth Quay, the new Optus Stadium, Fiona Stanley Hospital and the Western Australian Supreme Court.
BDO’s M&A team facilitated a transaction to global accounting firm PwC, which saw Appian Group acquired for an undisclosed amount. Its three partners and all 40 staff were been integrated into PwC's capital projects and infrastructure team.
BDO’s role included:
- Providing advice on commercial and financial structuring issues
- Preparation of Information Memorandum and Financial Model
- Preparing a list of potential acquirers
- Contacting and chairing meetings with potential acquirers
- Leading pricing and structuring negotiations
- Managing the due diligence process
- Project managing the legal teams for the completion of the sale and purchase agreement
- General support of other matters required to complete the transaction.