Andrew is an Associate Director providing Advisory services in the Business Services division with BDO in Brisbane. Andrew’s approach is holistic and client-centric insofar as he works to understand the business, the owners and their wider commercial and personal objectives, in order to develop an effective service solution.
Andrew leads consulting and advisory engagements for a broad portfolio of clients across a range of industries. He is passionate about doing meaningful work to evolve the businesses he works with and helping owners understand what they want – then helping them get there.
Andrew joined BDO in Brisbane in September 2017. Prior to this, he spent over ten years working in the Wellington office, where he largely focused on delivering consulting and advisory work along with cloud accounting transition and enhancements. Andrew led BDO in New Zealand in this space, and was instrumental in developing a strategic partnership with Xero. He was also central to delivering the BDODrive advisory approach across New Zealand, and continues to develop this approach internationally.
- Strategic planning and strategy implementation
- Advisory board implementation and facilitation
- Accounting system reviews, including software selection, implementation and training
- Developing KPI and internal reporting solutions tailored to business, owner and management needs
- Effective knowledge transfers of accounting literacy
- Innovative start-up engagement and business mentoring
- Budgeting, forecasting and cashflow development, reporting, monitoring, and advice.
- Strategy development and successful implementation for dynamic tech businesses with varying owner needs and perspectives
- Liaised with overseas BDO offices to successfully support the international expansion of an IT company
- Led delivery of a national advisory (BDODrive) roadshow across 12 BDO locations in New Zealand, and developed the national strategy for the advisory division
- Successfully transitioned a large council organisation onto a cloud solution for accounting and reporting needs, including dedicated training for over 50 staff
- Delivered Colour Accounting workshops to educate large corporate organisations.
- Certificate of Public Practice, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting, Victoria University of Wellington
- Bachelor of Commerce and Administration, Victoria University of Wellington.
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand