Andrew Sallway is a Partner in the Business Restructuring Division of BDO Sydney with more than 20 years’ experience in delivering advisory services.
Andrew assists financial institutions when one of their borrowers is experiencing financial difficulties. Andrew assists regulatory authorities, shareholders and company directors when businesses are financially stressed or distressed. In these situations, Andrew works with all stakeholders to identify the financial and operational issues impacting the business and to prepare a plan to restructure the company and turnaround its financial performance. In the most extreme circumstances, Andrew acts as the appointed insolvency practitioner to the distressed company.
He is also a regular presenter on technical accounting and insolvency topics to CPA discussion groups, financial institutions and Legal Wise Seminars. Andrew is a workshop leader for the Insolvency Education Program run by the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association.
- Business reviews of distressed or underperforming companies
- Pre-lending reviews
- Investigating accountants reports
- Formal insolvency appointments including receiverships and voluntary administrations
- Professional services
- Construction and property development
- Insurance and reinsurance
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- Member of INSOL International