Carmen is a Business Services Partner in Brisbane.
Carmen specialises in accounting and tax compliance services for small and medium sized businesses including professionals and High Net Worth individuals.
Carmen is always passionate about her job. The clients’ interests are always her highest priority. Carmen is proactive, innovative, approachable and flexible. With her extensive experience and knowledge, she can help clients maximise their wealth creation. She has been running her own business for many years, so understands the secrets to succeed in a business. Building long term relationships with clients is not easy. A large number of Carmen’s clients have been with her for more than 10 years.
Carmen has more than 20 years of experience in the accounting and finance industries. After obtaining her Masters degree, she commenced working in public practice in 1998. In 2001, she joined a medium sized firm and was promoted to Partner for about eight years. She then started her own public practice from 2016 to 2019. Carmen joined BDO as a Partner in February 2019.
- Accounting and tax compliance
- Business structuring advice
- Company tax
- Due diligence
- Management accounting
- Self-Managed Superannuation Funds
- Tax planning
- Healthcare Professionals
- High Net Worth Individuals
- Law firms
- Property development & management
- Real Estate
- Due diligence of business purchases, comprehensive investigation of accounting and financial records of proposed sellers, reporting issues and findings, identifying risks and providing recommendations to assist clients in making the final decision as to whether to proceed with the business purchases.
- Review of finance processes and providing recommendations to large organisations. Attending clients’ premises, interviewing staff and management, observing operations, inspecting records, identifying issues and suggesting innovative ways to improve business performance.
- Tax and business structure planning by providing clients with tailored advice on the use of various structures in order to achieve the best outcome in regard to tax, asset protection and succession of business and estate.
- Master of Business (Professional Accounting)
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science
- Registered Tax Agent
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
- Member, Certified Practising Accountants Australia
Consolid8 merged with BDO (QLD) Pty Ltd in February 2019.