Cormac is an Associate Director within the National Audit Quality team at BDO Australia.
With a focus on audit and assurance technical issues and a passion for training and development, Cormac supports the audit service line in all activities which impact audit quality.
Prior to working with BDO, Cormac held a position with Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand (CAANZ) where he contributed to the content and delivery of the CA Program, specialising on the Audit and Assurance module. Cormac continues to be involved with the CA Program and ongoing curriculum development.
- Providing advice on audit and risk technical consultations
- Representing the firm on various regulatory groups, including engaging with policy setters on the latest audit technical developments
- Development of audit technical training and resources
- Supporting a culture of continuous improvement across the service line
- Contributing to the adoption of audit transformation initiatives
- Chartered Accountant (CA) designation
- Advanced Diploma in Accounting
- BSc Management and Information Systems
- ISO Accreditations (various)
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
- Member, Chartered Accountants Ireland
- Vice-chair, Chartered Accountants Ireland Australian Society