Gita is an Associate Director with the Audit team at BDO in Brisbane. She has extensive experience providing audit and assurance services across industry sectors.
Gita is a trusted advisor who works collaboratively with her clients by bringing a pragmatic and commercial approach to address complex financial reporting issues. These include accounting for share based transactions, convertible notes, business combinations, regulatory compliance and provides suggestions on how clients can improve the integrity of their financial processes and systems.
As an experienced manager with over 15 years of experience, Gita oversees the progress of audit functions, including the planning and management of audit assignments to meet client deadlines.
- Financial Services
- Servicing client in the mining, managed investment funds, manufacturing and not-for-profit industries.
- Compliance audits for managed investment funds.
- Audits for Employer and Employee Associations.
- Previously responsible for overseeing the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance audit (SOX) for a large retailer in Australia with a US parent company.
- Bachelor of Arts (Accounting & Economics), The University of the South Pacific
- Chartered Accountant
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Member, Australian Society of Certified Practicing Accountants