Judy is a Director with BDO in Brisbane in the Tax Division. She has a relationship-driven approach and builds strong working relationships with her clients.
Judy provides taxation advice to a portfolio of small to large entities and has extensive experience in advising and applying taxes to businesses. She also has a passion for presenting, and is regularly providing presentations, training and lecturing on tax topics across Queensland.
Judy started with BDO in 1995 in the business services division providing accounting taxation and business advice, and joined the tax division in 2008. She has a strong speciality in Tax Effect Accounting, Fringe Benefits Tax and employment taxes generally.
- Income Tax advice to business
- Taxation compliance
- Employment taxes advice
- Tax policies & procedures, design and implementation
- Financial Services and financial institutions
- Not for Profit organisations and charities
- Government entities
- Tax effect accounting reviews for a range of clients including preparation of a spreadsheet tool to make the calculations and disclosures required.
- Liaison with the Australian Taxation Office on superannuation guarantee audits for clients.
- FBT Prudential reviews and ‘health checks’ of FBT policies, procedures and compliance for clients.
- Payroll system reviews including PAYG withholding and superannuation guarantee compliance.
- Private Rulings and liaison with the Australian Taxation Office to clarify application of PAYG withholding and Superannuation Guarantee law to office holders for Not-for-profit organisations.
- Structuring advices for Charities to help develop their businesses and also maintain tax concessions.
- PAYG Withholding and Fringe Benefits Tax advice in respect of new remuneration system for Members of Parliament.
- Bachelor of Business
- Chartered Accountant
- Chartered Tax Adviser
- Associate, Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
- Member, Tax Institute of Australia