Margaux is a seasoned Mergers & Acquisition advisor with over 30 years' experience. She has advised on well over 100 transactions with a combined value of more than $5 billion. The transactions involved a number of food and agribusiness divestments, acquisitions, IPOs, takeovers, and takeover defence mandates. Margaux leads BDO in Brisbane’s Food and Agribusiness Sector Group.
Margaux has a life long association with the agribusiness industry, having been raised on a cattle station in Far Western Queensland. She maintains a private investment in the beef industry.
Margaux joined BDO in 2012 with a wealth of skills and experience, gained from having worked for a specialist agribusiness advisory firm, Schroders investment bank, a private equity fund, and another global accounting and advisory firm.
- Corporate strategy
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Independent Expert Reports
- Initial Public Offerings
- Feasibility studies.
- Lake Woods Holdings Pty Ltd (parent company of Consolidated Pastoral Company). Chairman of the Audit Committee, and a member of the Remuneration Committee, and Finance Committee.
- Mulgowie Fresh Pty Ltd, a large Australian horticultural company with revenues in excess of $100 million. It employs over 500 people and has operations in South-East Queensland, North Queensland, Gippsland Victoria and Northern New South Wales.
- Australian Rural Leadership Foundation, not-for-profit organisation that has been developing leaders for rural, regional and remote Australia for more than 25 years.
- Master of Commerce (Dean’s Honour Roll), University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Agricultural Economics (Honours), University of New England
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand