Mark is a superannuation and financial planning partner in our business services team in BDO’s Sydney office and an authorised representative of BDO Private Wealth Advisers Pty Ltd and AFSL238280.
He is one of the leading members of the BDO Superannuation team in Australia and has been providing superannuation and retirement planning advice for more than 30 years.
As a superannuation and wealth specialist, Mark provides strategic retirement and wealth creation advice on the areas of superannuation, retirement, estate and succession planning for clients as they build their wealth en route to retirement.
Mark knows how an SMSF structure can be used as an effective part of a business group, as an exit strategy, as a growth strategy, and how to undertake various property transactions including borrowing within the SMSF environment. Licensed to provide superannuation and wealth advice, he advises on SMSF establishment, contribution planning strategies, pension planning advice, estate planning and the investments that would complement each of these strategies.
Mark is a sought after national public speaker on superannuation and retirement, in-house trainer for large clients and accounting firms and an acknowledged industry specialist in the area of self-managed superannuation consulting. Mark is also the author of a number of guides and books dealing with complex superannuation issues.
- Wealth creation and retirement planning
- Succession planning and exit strategies using superannuation
- Superannuation and retirement planning
- Estate planning
- Superannuation tax compliance
- Superannuation audit compliance
- ATO audit matters – SIS
- Accounting for SMSFs
- SMSF compliance
- Capital Gains Tax for SMSFs
- Borrowing in SMSF environment
- Tax dispute liaison
- Financial Services
- Professional Services
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Diploma of Superannuation
- Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning
- ICAA SMSF Specialist
- Fellow, Taxation Institute of Australia
- Fellow, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- CA SMSF Specialist with CANZ