Mark is a superannuation partner in our business services team in BDO’s Sydney office and an authorised representative of BDO Private Wealth Advisers (East Coast) Pty Ltd.
He is one of the leading members of the BDO Superannuation team in Australia and has been providing superannuation and retirement planning advice for more than 30 years.
As a superannuation specialist, Mark provides strategic superannuation advice on how the State and Federal legislation impact on the areas of superannuation, retirement, estate and succession planning for clients as they build their wealth en route to retirement.
Mark knows how an SMSF structure can be used as an effective part of a business group, as an exit strategy, as a growth strategy, and how to undertake various property transactions including borrowing within the SMSF environment. Licensed to provide superannuation advice, he advises on SMSF establishment, contribution planning strategies, pension planning advice, estate planning and consulting regarding Superannuation Industry Supervision Act Compliance issues.
Mark is a sought after national public speaker on superannuation and retirement, in-house trainer for large clients and accounting firms and an acknowledged industry specialist in the area of self-managed superannuation consulting.
- Tax and accounting for SMEs
- Tax advisory for private investors
- Tax dispute liaison
- Superannuation tax compliance
- Superannuation audit compliance
- ATO audit matters - SIS
- Accounting for SMSFs
- Borrowing in SMSF environment
- SMSF compliance
- Capital Gains Tax for SMSFs
- Succession planning and exit strategies using superannuation
- Estate planning
- Superannuation and retirement planning
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Diploma of Superannuation
- Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning
- CA SMSF Specialist
- Fellow, Taxation Institute of Australia
- Fellow, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Member, CA ANZ National Superannuation Committee