Rachel is an Associate Director within the National Audit Quality team at BDO Australia whose vision is to ‘Enable an audit environment that inspires other to achieve their dreams’.
With a focus on audit and assurance technical issues, foreign regulators and reporting and a passion for training and development, Rachel supports the audit service line in all activities which impact audit quality.
Prior to working with BDO Australia, Rachel was an Audit Senior Manager with BDO USA, LLP where she delivered audits to a variety of industries in both the listed and unlisted space. She has also specialised in IT audit and includes leading the global topic working group to further develop policies, procedures, guidance and resources for the global network.
- Providing advice on audit technical consultations supporting a culture of consultation
- Development of guidance and resources in relation to BDO Methodology and changes in auditing standards
- Contributing and leading BDO Global audit initiatives
- Development of audit technical training and resources, specifically in relation to US engagements
- Supporting a culture of continuous improvement across the service line
- Contributing to the adoption of audit transformation initiatives
- Certified Public Accountant United States (CPA)
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Minor in Information systems
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Representative in the Australian Audit and Assurance Standards Board (AUASB) Technology group