Sheryl has been an employee of BDO since 1994 and has had five years of additional audit experience in South Africa.
Sheryl has had extensive experience auditing wholesale, retail and service operations as well as technical audit, accounting and independence matters. Her current role focuses on technical accounting issues on a national basis.
- Australian equivalents to International Financial Reporting Standards (AIFRS)
- Corporate governance
- Stock Exchange reporting
- Corporations Act
- Research and delivery of client and staff presentations on AIFRS and other regulatory changes, including detailed workshop materials on complex new topics
- Publications for clients and staff on latest accounting, Corporations Act financial reporting and corporate governance issues
- Technical queries from clients and staff on contentious accounting issues
- Assisting clients in applying accounting appropriate policies where AIFRS does not specify an appropriate accounting treatment
- Design and implementation of Pentana Australian IFRS disclosure checklist
- Working paper tools to assist clients and staff with accounting and regulatory issues as part of the financial reporting process
- Perform quality review pre and post lodgement on annual reports of listed companies
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Member, Charted Accountants Australia & New Zealand