Stan is a Forensic Services Partner at BDO in Brisbane. He is a highly regarded risk specialist who combines proactive risk management, investigative and technology skills to assist organisations in aligning Governance, Risk and Compliance programs with their strategic objectives.
Stan provides risk management advice and assistance in both proactive and reactive capacities. He specialises in fraud, misconduct and compliance related matters, and the identification, preservation and analysis of digital evidence in cyber and technology related investigations.
As an experienced former Detective and senior leader with over 30 years in combined law enforcement and professional services environments, Stan has provided expert affidavits, testimony, and acted in the appointed independent expert role in relation to the use of computer systems across a range of matters.
- Ethics and risk management
- Governance and compliance
- Forensic technology advisory
- Cyber incident/crisis response
- Discovery and litigation support
- Ministerial appointment as a member of the Ipswich City Council Interim Management Committee to provide ongoing advice to the Interim Administrator across areas of governance, risk and compliance, ethics and integrity, ICT compliance and internal investigations
- Appointed as independent expert to the Federal Court regarding the allegations of breach of software licensing
- Investigations on behalf of the Western Australian Public Sector Commission into the governance failures that led to large scale health sector fraud by senior executives
- Forensic analysis, electronic document lifecycle reconstruction and event timelines in dispute matters.
- Investigations into allegations of unauthorised access to, and distribution of confidential government information for commercial gain.
- Investigation into multi-million fraud carried out by manipulation of electronic funds transfer files on an internal payment system
- Government and public sector
- Financial services
- Natural resources
- Transport and infrastructure
- Technology, media and communications
- Bachelor of Electronic Commerce (Finance) from the University of Queensland
- Certificate III in Investigative Services
- Certificate IV in Government (Investigation)
- Former Detective – Queensland Police Service
- Member, High Technology Crime Investigation Association