Susan is a Tax & Advisory Partner with BDO in Brisbane. She places considerable emphasis on ensuring clients receive relevant management advice, in a professional and personal manner.
Susan Rix provides broad based consulting advice on family owned businesses. She specialises in corporate governance, family councils, succession planning, taxation structures and restructuring. Susan has extensive experience in taxation, general business and management services, provision of budgets, cash flow projections and providing advice to improve business efficiency and profits. She has also assisted a number of businesses in establishing accounting systems to provide information for use in decision-making.
Susan joined BDO in 1986 as an Accountant. She has worked across private client service lines and was appointed Partner in May 1992. Prior to BDO, Susan worked in public practice at a small accountancy firm, supporting small to medium sized businesses.
Susan was made a Member of the General Division of the Order of Australia in June 2014.
- Fellow, Family Firm Institute
- Fellow, Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Director & Chair AEIOU Foundation
- Trustee, Queensland Performing Arts Trust (QPAC) including Chair, Risk Management and Audit Committee
- President, QLD Private Enterprise Centre, Executive Committee
- Chair, Queensland University of Technology including Audit and Risk Management Committee
- Member, National ATO Lodgement Working Group
- Member, Catholic Education Finance Committee