Thomas is a Director at BDO in Brisbane with more than 13 years’ experience providing financial and commercial advice on projects for public and private sector entities.
Thomas’ focus is on developing, enhancing, and reviewing financial models used to assess financial performance, sustainability and affordability of client’s major projects and overall business. This expert analysis allows Thomas to identify key issues impacting a project and propose resolutions to move forward in a clear manner.
Thomas’ financial modelling skills have been recognised, being awarded the 2020 Financial Modelling Innovation Award for his Dynamic Scenario Manager, and being shortlisted for the 2021 Financial Modelling Innovation Award for his Advanced Notification Centre. These awards reflect Thomas’ strong desire to make financial modelling easier and more transparent for users.
- Financial and commercial advisory
- Expert financial modelling including scenario analysis
- Business case preparation and advisory
- Financial and commercial adviser for Business Cases and Feasibility Studies including:
- Bundaberg and Toowoomba Hospital Redevelopment Detailed Business Cases
- Building Rural and Regional Health Program Preliminary and Detailed Business Cases
- Urannah Water Scheme Detailed Business Case
- Queensland Shared Services (QSS) Roadmap Investment Business Case
- Riverstage 2022 Master Plan and Riverstage Partnership Project Market Sounding for Brisbane City Council
- Financial and commercial adviser for transactions and major developments including:
- Commonwealth Games Athletes Village Transaction Advisory
- Yeronga Priority Development Area Transaction Advisory
- 1 William Street Project Evaluation
- Project lead for other financial modelling engagements including:
- Development of three-way financial forecast and consolidation models for resource companies, universities, and property funds
- Payment model review and recalculation for confidential legal dispute
- Master of Business (Applied Finance)
- Bachelors of Commerce (Finance) and Laws