Tim Sandow leads the Tax team at BDO in South Australia. Tim is an experienced tax professional with 25 years at global accounting firms, where he honed a strong tax technical ability. He prides himself on building long-term, trusted relationships with clients and is adept at explaining complex tax issues in a practical way.
Tim has provided tax advice to a variety of private and public companies, in a range of industries, particularly in relation to mergers & acquisitions, international tax, tax governance, liaising with the ATO, tax consolidations and tax effect accounting. He has built strong networks in the tax community, including the ATO, State Revenue Office and fellow tax lawyers and accountants.
Most recently, Tim was a Special Adviser in the Tax & Private Clients team at a global accounting firm, has previously worked as a private consultant and was a Tax Partner at a global accounting firm.
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Tax governance
- Corporate tax
- International tax
- Employment tax issues
- Natural resources
- Food and Agribusiness
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws, University of Adelaide
- Fellow Chartered Accountant, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Chartered Tax Adviser, The Tax Institute of Australia
- Registered Tax Agent
- Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- National Board Member of the Tax Institute of Australia: Chair of Disciplinary Committee, Chair of Membership Committee, Member Audit & Risk Committee