Travis is a dedicated R&D tax professional with experience across R&D incentives and government grant programs in both Australia and the UK.
Having previously worked with global accounting firms and 'mid-tier' R&D practices both in Australia and overseas, Travis has built up a broad network and has forged strong client relationships.
Travis joined BDO as a partner in 2018 with over 11 years’ experience. Travis works with companies of all sizes including Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to large multi-national corporations. Some of his recent experience includes:
- Successfully defending millions of dollars of R&D claims from an ATO audit for a food manufacturing business
- Providing advice to a life sciences business about how relocating business units would impact R&D tax incentive benefits in different jurisdictions
- Assisting one of the world’s largest technology companies to implement a global R&D documentation strategy to support their R&D claims in the US, UK, Ireland and Australia while considering the broader transfer pricing impact.
- R&D Tax Incentive
- Government Grants and Incentive Programs
- ATO/AusIndustry Audits and Disputes
- Food and Agribusiness
- Energy and Resources
- IT and Technology
- Financial Services
- Property and Construction
- Life Sciences
- Bachelor of Management
- Bachelor of Arts (International Studies)
- Registered Tax Agent
- Fellow member of the Tax Institute of Australia
- Affiliate Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand