"Studying full-time and working part-time was daunting when I applied at BDO. I wanted to gain work experience but I was nervous to sacrifice my grades and spare time for it. It didn’t take long to realise that BDO is supportive of me achieving my personal and professional goals. The firm is flexible with my working days and hours, and allows me to focus on my university studies during stressful times without becoming overwhelmed. My undergraduate role has provided practical application to my studies and has already led to great experiences within the professional accounting environment."
- Undergraduate Accountant, Business Restructuring, 7 months
From time to time, BDO (Nth Qld) may recruit Undergraduates. This role is a great opportunity for university students either in their first, second or third year of a Business/Commerce (Accounting) degree or a dual degree being a Bachelor of Business/Commerce (Accounting) and a Bachelor of Laws to join our firm. As an Undergraduate, you will have a flexible working arrangement, working part time while completing your studies. With the support of our professional team around you, you will build your confidence, put theory into practice and gain valuable skills and experience.
How does the recruitment process work?
- Applications will open on the BDO website
- Submit your application (cover letter, resume and academic transcript)
- You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application
- Your application will be reviewed by the People & Culture Team
- Shortlisted applicants will receive an email inviting them to complete an online video interview
- Selected applicants will be invited to a face-to-face interview
- The final shortlist will be required to complete online testing
- Reference and background checking will be completed
- Offers will be made.
We only consider applicants with the right to work in Australia on an ongoing basis.
How to apply
Thank you for your interest in an Undergraduate opportunity at BDO (Nth Qld). Undergraduate opportunities are advertised as the need arises, there is no designated hiring period. It is recommended that you refer to the job alerts and Facebook page described below to keep up to date with these opportunities.
To stay informed and keep up to date with recruitment opportunities, events and more:
Bonnie Mueller - People & Culture Adviser
+61 7 4046 0000
Cairns Corporate Tower, Level 1/15 Lake St, Cairns City QLD 4870
Email: [email protected]