Market disruption, changing community expectations, challenging credit spreads and investment returns combined with locally severe weather events and poor TPD claims experience all make for interesting times for the insurance industry in Australia.
BDO’s Insurance team understands the challenges you face and the importance of managing financial, operational and regulatory risk. Our specialists have extensive experience and knowledge that comes from providing the full range of audit, tax, advisory and financial investigations service to the largest global insurers, domestic players as well as niche providers and distributors.
We can guide you through key issues covering:
- Life insurance
- General insurance
- Brokers and intermediaries
- Health insurance.
How can we help?
BDO’s financial services team members come from a variety of exceptional backgrounds, blending their experience to develop new insights and add real value to your business. Our team can help you with:
- Audit and tax assurance
- Royal commissions and APRA Financial Prudential Inquiry into the Commonwealth Bank of Australia thematic reviews and self-assessment support
- Specified assertions or controls reports such as ASAE 3402 or ASAE 3000
- Regulatory advisory services
- Operational risk and compliance risk support as well as AML/CTF assurance
- Tax structuring advice
- Fully outsourced and co-sourced internal audit
- Systems and control investigations and assurance reports
- Post implementation systems reviews
- Valuations of financial investments
- Program and project management
- Australian Financial Services License, Responsible Entity
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Executive remuneration and expatriate tax services.